UP Health System-Marquette, a Duke LifePoint Hospital and leader in heart and vascular services and research, is seeking a BE/BC General Invasive (Non-Interventional) Cardiologist to join its growing, employed team in Marquette, Michigan.
About Your Work:
- The UP Heart and Vascular team includes an employed group of noninvasive, invasive, EP and interventional cardiologists, along with a team of Advanced Practice Practitioners who enjoy a productive, collegial relationship.
- Ability to do structural procedures, including TAVR, Mitral Clips, etc. in a state-of-the-art facility
- 300,000+ referral area and the only facility offering Interventional & EP services in the Upper Peninsula
- Enjoy working in the outpatient and inpatient settings in the 222-bed all private room hospital, which opened its doors in 2019!
- Procedures to include diagnostic caths, etc.
- Opportunities for teaching with Michigan State University on-site rural campus medical school and family medicine residency program
Focus on Quality
- UP Health System-Marquette has the only Michigan Certificate of Need bypass program and comprehensive Cath labs in the region – 4th in the Nation, 1st and only hospital in the state of Michigan to earn the prestigious ACC Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation with PCI. Our state-of-the-art cardiovascular surgery center--rivals any.
- Recognized in Becker’s for having the second lowest heart attack readmission rate in the United States, we have also achieved Chest Pain Center Accreditation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care.
Recruitment Package may include:
• Base salary + wRVU production incentive
• CME allowance
• Sign-on bonus
• Medical debt assistance + Consultative services by Navigate Student Loans
• Relocation allowance
• Residency stipend
• Paid malpractice coverage
• Health benefits + Retirement plan
• Marketing + practice growth assistance
About the Hospital: UP Health System – Marquette, a 222-bed Duke LifePoint hospital that opened its doors in 2019, provides care in 65 specialties and subspecialties. Major services include its Heart Institute, Cancer Center, Brain and Spine Center, Rehabilitation Center, Behavioral Health, Digestive Health, Weight Loss Center and Women’s and Children’s Center. The Level II Trauma Center is part of the 3-hospital UP Health System-providing the 300,000+ service area with premier services in imaging, surgery and laboratory and is home to the UP-Telehealth Network, a leading telehealth network in the nation.
About the Community: Located in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, Marquette sits on the shores of Lake Superior making it a hotspot for outdoor enthusiasts. Home to Northern Michigan University, Marquette is the regional center for education, healthcare, recreation and retail offering amazing arts and culture opportunities, along with great schools. Thrive in an environment rich in natural beauty, local history, cultural diversity, & economic well-being! Sawyer International Airport is conveniently located 16 miles S of Marquette and offers daily service to Detroit, Minneapolis, and Chicago.
Location/Region: Marquette, MI (49855)