GEI Consultants, Inc. is a leading consulting engineering firm ranked #102 in the ENR top 500 (2017). We serve hundreds of Government, Energy, Industry and Institutional clients, and have completed 50,000 project engagements throughout the United States, Canada, and more than 20 other countries.
Founded in 1970, our privately held, employee-owned company consists of over 800 employees located in 37 offices across the U.S. Our technical experts are involved in dozens of specialty services built from our traditional core practices of geotechnical, environmental, infrastructure, water resources, and ecology services. GEI has a strong seller/doer culture, broad employee ownership, and focus on collaboration.
The Marquette, Michigan office of GEI Consultants is seeking an Office Administrator/Project Assistant. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks that will ensure efficient operation of a fast-paced office and laboratory setting. Daily work will consist of both administrative and project management support tasks as follows.
Administrative Responsibilities & Duties:
- Candidate will act as the front desk receptionist. Responsibilities will include:
- Answering and forwarding phone calls and assisting visitors;
- Being generally knowledgeable about the staff’s schedules so callers and visitors are correctly informed about someone’s whereabouts;
- Signing for packages, and opening/distribute incoming mail for all personnel and process outgoing mail and packages; and
- Processing incoming invoices.
- Candidate will run the production center for the office, for both electronic and hard-copy documents. Responsibilities will include:
- Accurate proofing and formatting of professional documents consistent with corporate guidelines;
- Printing and distributing marketing materials, proposals, general forms and correspondence, and other materials;
- Scanning, copying, collating, binding and distributing hard copies of project files;
- Maintaining electronic project and general files;
- Assisting with document QA/QC compliance guidelines;
- Providing document preparation assistance to other administrators and project managers across the Central Region of GEI; and
- Candidate will maintain functionality of the office. Responsibilities will include:
- Ordering and maintaining office/kitchen supplies for a growing office, currently consisting of approximately 30 staff;
- Keeping office equipment in working condition and ordering necessary toner and paper supplies for copiers, printers, and fax machines;
- Maintaining a supply of health & safety PPE for staff and ordering specialized equipment as needed;
- Communicating and coordinating with outside services such as office cleaner, mat and carpet cleaning, small repairs (door locks, signs, etc.);
- Performing minor office upkeep duties required between weekly office cleanings; and
- Communicating with landlord as needed.
- Candidate will help to support office personnel for meetings and travel. Responsibilities will include:
- Scheduling meetings, reserving conference rooms, setting up A/V equipment, placing food orders, coordinating room setup and cleanup, and making restaurant reservations;
- Making travel arrangements including hotel, rental car, and plane reservations; and
- Assisting Project Managers with completing expense reports after travel.
- Candidate will assist with other duties as needed. Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the onboarding & offboarding process for employees, including helping them complete their paperwork, check-ins and setting up their office space;
- Assisting with management of vehicular pool;
- Coordinating and distributing bi-annual parking passes for staff.
- Setting up MSHA, OSHA, CPR/AED, and other necessary training for the office;
- Ordering GEI merchandise for clients and GEI clothing for employees;
- Coordinating holiday parties, functions, and client gifts; and
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Project Assistant Responsibilities & Duties:
- Candidates will perform project assistant duties as follows:
- Conduct project registrations;
- Assisting with compliance with GEI’s health and safety guidelines, through the preparation of site specific Health and Safety Plans.
- Assist with project backlog projections and maintain other monthly and quarterly spreadsheets;
- Assist in searching for project opportunities;
- Assist with developing project permitting documentation;
- Assisting in developing technical specifications, grant writing and applications;
- Assist with project bidding, including maintaining the bidders list, creating addendums, directing questions, etc.; and
- Complete other project related and technical duties as assigned.
- Candidates are expected to be able to work independently as well as in groups. Position may require occasional overtime.
- Candidates must have experience and demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat. Experience in MS Project is a plus. Excellent organizational, grammar, punctuation and spelling skills are required, as well as outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates should have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree (accounting, business administration, or similar preferred) with 5+ years of office experience.
- Occasional travel required for deliverables and/or training.
- Valid driver’s license required.
GEI is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability employer
Location/Region: Marquette, MI